My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

a walk around paris

It was a weekend to be in love. With the sky, the Seine, the faces that passed me in the streets, the boutiques, the food and the city istself.

I basically spent my whole weekend getting lost. Mostly on purpose. I let myself discover new restaurants, new stores, and new sides of Paris. Saturday evening wasn't so pleasant, when I got lost in the middle of nowhere trying to find a restaurant, hoping to meet my new friends, and had no luck. I headed back to the city centre, fell fat on my face in the metro, and didn't get to eat dinner until 10:30 in the evening, when I sat in a sushi bar cramming what I could afford down my throat. I felt starved, alone, and intrigued by Edith Piaf's face that played on the TV behind the bar.

But other than Saturday night, most of my getting lost in Paris has been a pleasant experience. I follow my intuition, change my plans by the minute, and let my feet lead the way.

My lazy Sunday has been spent in les Bois de Boulogne, the biggest forest in Paris, that stretches on for miles. I didn't know where I was going at first. I went to the park thinking I was just going to sit, eat my chocolate tart, then take the metro to some other location in Paris, but ended up following a path which led me deep into the woods. I lay by one of the many lakes, resting and watching as families and lovers passed in row boats, and followed paths that led me to me nature.

These days are made for dreaming.

where's the seine?
jewels on display
an artist capures notre dame
protest
street jazz
paris pup
angel in the window
blonde by the lake

4 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

You take the most beautiful photos, Gill. I feel as though I am looking at an art exhibit.

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Hip Gill.
Is that your black and white photo of the "genocide franco-francais"? The lettering on the "abortion kills children" sign is really standing out for me, and caught my eye.

Not to mention I love the rest, what kind of camera are you using?

- Westwood!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Gillian Young said...

Thank you. Yeah, I took the "genocide franco-francais" photo, and I'm glad the sign stood out because that's really what I wanted to capture. The whole thing made me really angry and ready to start a riot. Abortion is a woman's choice, a very hard one, and that sign would be a huge slap in the face to a woman who'd been through one. I use a Nikon COOLPIX4100, and adjust the photos on the computer afterwards, which makes a huge difference. Glad you liked them, really appreciate it!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Haley said...

Yeah I really like those pictures too. The one of the jewellery in the window is my favourite. It looks so old fashioned..

Haley

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home