My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, June 16, 2006

seeing you in a new light

This morning grabbed me, pressed itslef against me, and held me close.

Wandering the streets under a bright sun, this city, so full of history, sat illuminated under the sun.

My legs moved easily on the dirty pavement.

I dipped my pastry into a large cafe creme on the second floor of a cafe, light spilling onto the tables.

I walked the Seine and stopped in the gaps of sunshine, watching men in suits roar past on their motorbikes.

It was a morning so far removed from the winter months, where I dreaded Paris, and never crawled out of bed until noon.

And suddenly I was happy, because I found a place, or at least a morning, where I felt I was meant to be.

st.michel
morning cafe
notre dame
where are we?
gliding along
i'm only happy in the sun
cirrus clouds
framed
whispy sky
sur le pont
bateaux

5 Comments:

Blogger A Novelist said...

Beautiful pictures! Paris looks simply gorgeous in the late spring/early summer. :)

6:59 AM  
Blogger Josh said...

i want to come there, gill. I blame my travel bug on your keen eye for photos.

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful...wish I were there to enjoy it! But, as I've said before, I will live vicariously through you for now...and I know I am not the only one! Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Gillian Young said...

Merci, a beautiful day and perfect morning light does wonders for the soul.

Ari, I'm back in Vancouver mid-August...I can't remember the exact date, but I'll let you know. Paris misses you.

1:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful post, wonderful pictures!!! I am headed that way as well and hope to find "my place" in Paris! Best wishes for the best Paris has to offer you.

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home