My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

dance naked

Freedom.

What does it mean to you?

How are you going to achieve it?

I don't want to die feeling I lived a life emprisoned by my mind and responsibilities.

I want to learn to take it all in stride.

Freedom, to me, means freeing my mind.

It means not feeling responsible for things that aren't my fault.

It means chasing dreams, because I choose not to underestimate myself.

It means taking a minute each day to let go, dance, sing, scream, and fight ever living a life that seems mundane.

It means letting myself love other people, unafraid of the consequences, unafraid of getting hurt.

It means being less preoccupied with what other people think of me.

It means writing, and having the freedom to express myself.

It means loving myself, exactly as I am.

We all have our own struggles in finding freedom. But it's there, if we want it badly enough.

freedom

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.”
-Voltaire

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.”

and for women ?

7:17 AM  
Blogger Gillian Young said...

They just have to suffer.

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Freedom is...

Taking off your shoes and socks for the first time since last summer, and dipping your feet, a little
bashful after such a long time in your shoes, in the cool waters of the waterfall.

Using word like resplendent, tumultuous or tempestuous to describe something as simple as a smile or a kiss.

A motley gathering of longhaired 'rebellious' spirits from the Holyland, defying the discipline of their youth as they run their slender fingers through long
silky locks of hair in the Indian sun.

Lying on a Spanish beach, eyes closed, reveling in the idea that there are no calls to be connected, only the gentle breeze and the infinite sea to contemplate.

I hope we will all soon be free...

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home