My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

je t'adore

papa

When I called you from my university dorm room to tell you I was going to Paris instead of going into second year, you smiled through the telephone line and told me to go for it.

From the day I was born you have taught me the meaning of joie de vivre. I wouldn't be the woman I am today without your bear hugs, jazz music, garlic infused salad dressings, bad jokes and contagious laugh.

You taught me that I was beautiful, intelligent, and that everything tastes better with hot sauce.

I don't like you. I love you. Thank you for being everything that you are.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merci et Je t'aime aussi.

Votre Papa

9:05 AM  
Blogger Charlie said...

Gillian you are amazing! That photo just made my day.

xoxo
charlie

1:09 PM  
Blogger la femme said...

Haha- that card is great.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the card...did you make it yourself? it looks homemade!

5:18 AM  
Blogger A Novelist said...

What a lovely post! :)

9:53 AM  
Blogger Gillian Young said...

Thanks guys. Yes I made it myself, it's a self portrait actually, can't you tell?

I started drawing this little character for my brother's birthday card, where she was smattered in chocolate (i love you more than all the chocolate in Paris). Since then she keeps popping up with different outfits and sayings. My dad thought it was pretty great, so I made him one too!

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While it's true that everything is better with hotsauce, and you are quite hot visually, I'm more impressed by your writing ability. Each post is a tiny novel that makes me want to read more. Bravo!


There is a wonderful jerk style hotsauce I recently discovered - Scotch bonnet and habanero with a pineapple base and jerk spices, available at Bulk Barn. It is in the "Pain is good!" line. Sweet and then hot, it is a great finish with pineapple, mango, onions and red bell pepper base for fish or chicken.
Their website is originaljuan.com

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home