My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

don't get your knickers in a twist

I think I've died and gone to heaven. But I've actually just gone to London.

I love the energy in this city, the people, the fashion, the accents, the British magazines, the pubs, the entertainment and the pulse.

While Paris sings you a seductive love song as you walk down the streets, London plays an upbeat pop song, and puts some bounce in your step.

In London, punk music is still cool, a pub is never empty, fashion is open to anything, and people actually smile in the streets.

"Y'alright love?" Yes, I'm absolutely fabulous.

Last night I shook my body left and right to "Let's get in oonnnnn..." In the theatre where we went to see Dancing in the Streets, a Motown show.

Men in yellow silk shirts did several pelvic thrusts while singing like angels and dancing like gods. I was in heaven. If there's anything I love, it's motown. And beautiful black men that can sing.

I'm in the arms of indulgence: I've had my hair done, I've eaten Italian, Indian, and even dragged my dear mother out for Chinese food in Chinatown near midnight last night.

After so many months, I finally feel on holiday. Who knew that gin and tonic could taste so good after drinking wine all year?

Cheers London, I've been needing this.

keep right
sausage and mash
cheers
*Not actually my wine, used as prop as my G&T was finished...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gilly Billy!

Glad to hear that you're headed home after your year abroad. I just just missed you... I was in Vancouver till Monday of this week with Tim. We went up to Whistler for a couple days and funny enough, we stopped at a gas station on the outskirts of West Van, tried to get back onto the highway but ended up getting lost on.... Mathers Ave! I probably passed your house but who knows? Anywho, too bad our paths didn't cross. Have a grand time in Vancity. Ta.

Love,
Morgan

12:45 PM  
Blogger Ayah said...

ha ha! love the "s&m cafe"!

i'll be seeing you soon, i'm buying the train ticket from hell later this evening to get to vancouver... details forthcoming.

also, i'm pretty sure you're right, there will be a some crazy making with our powers combined...

can't wait!

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked London so much. As much as I loved Paris, I don't think I could live there permanently, the way I feel I could in London (I think that language thing is a bit of a barrier haha) But after those 3 weeks in Paris, arriving in London (even if it was only to hop on a flight back to Toronto) felt like coming home. English! Awesome accents! Gatwick airport! (I know Gatwick about as well as I know Pearson, no lie.)

Anyway, glad you got to unwind in London...see ya in a few weeks!

-Jen

7:41 PM  
Blogger Gillian Young said...

Morgan- Damnit...you'll have to visit us all in Toronto some day soon!
Ayah- Will be seeing you soon you brave girl.
Jen- See you for French food in Toronto?

4:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most definitely.
I say we go out all out and go to a swanky place too...at least once. haha

Glad you made it home safe!!

-Jen

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home