My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Count Down

Gill is counting the days. She will spend three more at the beach in Ambletuese and the following one, taking the children back to their parents in Paris. At around three Thursday afternoon, she will be free. (And next Sunday she will fly from Paris to Toulouse into my arms.) We shall celebrate.

I am so impressed with my daughter. Almost a year ago, she walked into a strange household in a much more formal culture than her own and happily took on responsibility for two spirited children and a number of household chores. I know it has not been easy. At one point, I told her that she did not have to finish: she could come home. But without missing a beat, she said no, she had signed on for a year and she would do it. And then again, as everyone knows who have been reading this blog, she has had some extraordinarily wonderful moments in Paris - my favourite city in all the world. Where will this young woman go next? She is not afraid of living her dreams: this is the second one she's actualized.

Gill and I in Bandol

This picture was taken in Bandol on the Mediterranean when Gill was around six years old. She loved serving Rob and I croissants from the little cart every morning. Little did she know that thirteen years later, she would be playing mother to a six and nine year old at another beach in France.

3 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

At first when I saw this pic, I thought that the beautiful little girl was Gill, but then rationalised that it's a current holiday pic, and that Gill is at the breakfast table. So, you really do look alike.

Love the croissant story - too cute!

10:28 PM  
Blogger Gillian Young said...

Thank you! I am alive, free, and back in Paris until I take off tommorrow morning from the South. Thank you all for your support and for keeping up with me!

2:03 AM  
Blogger LaLa said...

I stumbled across your blog a little while ago and bookmarked it to drop by again sometime. I am glad did, Gill's writing makes me yearn for Paris and what a beautiful post from her Mum.

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home