My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Ambleteuse, France

Gill has asked me, her mother, to host her blog while she is in Ambleteuse, a small fishing village, on the northern coast of France, six miles from Boulogne. Gill will call me every day or two and relate her adventures.

She and her two charges almost missed their train this morning and once aboard, the little girl, too excited about the adventure (I'd guess) wet herself and almost Gill, who said it was a major operation to change the six-year-old's clothes in the tiny train washroom. (Reminds me of a train trip Gill and I took when she was around the same age. We too almost missed our train and once aboard, Gill looked up at me - in those days, she did look up - and whispered, "I forgot my underwear." I told her to sit quietly legs together and then noticed I was in my slippers.)

They arrived safely and were met by the paternal grandparents who Gill reports are nice and nicer still the grandmother will do the cooking. Gill was given her choice of a room adjoining the children or one on a lower floor near the kitchen. She chose the lower room.

It's a tiny village, feels almost British, Gill says, and on clear day you can look across the water and see England. There isn't a lot to do - a tennis court and a big rocky beach - but the children are in good moods (hopefully this will continue) and Gill is looking forward to the days ahead. She says it is good to be out of the city, her beloved Paris, and will use the time to collect her thoughts. There's not much else to do. She says the town is small, similar in size to Castelnau, without an internet cafe, and most likely, a night life but knowing Gill, I am sure she will have an adventure or two.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the entertaining post Mom Young(?).

AAAarph, no computer, no cyber cafe . . . Europe we have a problem!

I look forward to your next . . . and some photos too. (smile)

Joy

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello, gill's mom. i know that you do not encourage comments on your blog, but i will take this opportunity to tell you that my husband and i enjoy your offerings very much. your daughter is lovely and bright. i know you must be proud. bma

9:02 AM  
Blogger maitresse said...

Hello, Gill's mom! I've heard so many wonderful things about you, and seriously regretted being out of town while you were in Paris. Thanks for keeping Gill's blog going!
Lauren

3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home