My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

seduce me one more time

Oh Paris, you've done it again.

You've taken me in your arms, even if only for a few days, and reminded me how to live passionately.

You are a city of beauty, charm, romance and sweet seduction.

Every boutique window in your city is a work of art, a still life waiting to be admired. At boulangeries, pastries sit perched on shelves like delicious figurines.

On your small sidewalks immaculately dressed men and women sit at cafes and take in each moment of their cafe crème or kir before dinner.

Every day is filled with precious moments.

In Pierre Herme a vanilla macaron melted in my mouth, the texture smooth and moist, the rich vanilla cream making my senses scream with pleasure. I could have begged for more, but it was so perfect that one was enough.

Under the dim lights of a Moroccan restaurant one evening, I travelled to an exotic country. I was charmed by the dark haired waiters, thirsty for the owner's mint infused mojitos, taken away by the herb stuffed fish and vegetable tanjine, and left drunk, happy, and wandering the streets for hours.

Oh Paris, it was hard to leave you once more, my mind, body and taste buds enriched by your presence.

But I had to leave, and I dragged my worn ballet slippers to the train station, my suitcase heavy with gourmet food, rolling awkwardly through your small streets.

I know you will miss me too. Because you know that I take pleasure in you, that I visit your patisseries with childish pleasure, that I charm your waiters, compliment your chefs, and admire every haute couture creation.

But don't worry mon amour, I will return, this love affair is far too good to be over just yet.

yvonne
cafe de flore
russian dolls
pastry shopping
la duree
tour eiffel
reach the sky
seine
shakespeare & co
morrocon dinner
meet me for dinner
promotion
les delices
meringues!
du fromage?
morning coffee
home for lunch
wine
chante
wearing colour
back in Paris

10 Comments:

Blogger The Late Bloomer said...

Ah, Gillian, how you soak up this city and describe it, in your words and in your photos, in such an exquisite way! I've been living in France now for more than five years, and some days I forget where I am... And posts like this remind me all over again. Merci pour toute cette beauté !

And I'm so glad you had such a wonderful trip... Have a voyage trip back home!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with Late Bloomer. You've got such a descriptive voice, we're all in love with the Paris of your experience. One day, a book, Gilly. Promise!

As for the really excellent bottles of French wine... my heart is breaking!

9:48 PM  
Blogger Gillian Young said...

Thank you so much for your sweet encouragement. I do love that city. And a book? I'll see what I can do! But it means everything just being asked to write one!

2:09 AM  
Blogger Florent said...

Je l'aime ma ville ! :)

3:53 AM  
Blogger travel notes said...

Ahh, how can a city have such a hold on us, hein? I will say hello to her for you again in three weeks.

Wonderful words, as always, and a beautiful picture of you at the end there.

Bisous x

5:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think you will write one, someday. It would be a crime if you didn't!

7:02 AM  
Blogger laceybediz said...

omg...i think i need to go find that fish...

though I am in fab meat country... a nice summer grilled whole fish is what i need!!!

i am going to Paris for my first time soon--I wanna ask you for some tips and maybe visit your Turlish friends!!

7:09 AM  
Blogger B said...

I am so happy to see that you made it back to Paris. Gorgeous photos! As always, your writing is so beautiful and enchanting.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Dehilly said...

I am also coming to Paris, on Tue - I can't believe the day is finally here, I have been falling in love with the city for a year. The stories shared, and the moments captured in pictures by you and friends, have excited my travel bug brother and I.

Have a great time, cos I know I will.

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh god you made me so homesick just now. such beautiful pictures. and to see paris again through your eyes! such a pleasure.

ps that wasn't my balcony in the last shot, was it?

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home