My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, May 05, 2006

goin to the country

Tonight I will board a night train, crawl into a couchette, fall asleep, and awake in the South of France.

I've been given a long weekend am taking advantage by going down South with a couple of friends. The weekend calls for rain, but we will drink and dance each drop away.

I'm already dreaming of turning the handle on the old brown door of my family's summer home, of pulling open the shutters, of smelling the familiar scent of wood burning, and of feeling back at home.


Bon soir Paris, I'll be back soon.

night light

“I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move.”
Robert Louis Stevenson

2 Comments:

Blogger daringtowrite said...

Each time you or your mother mention that wonderful old home, I crave it. Maybe one day, when I'm rich and famous, I'll ask if I can rent it for a month in April or October. Enjoy!

4:17 PM  
Blogger la chipie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home