My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

squeezing it out

School is teaching me what I'm capable of, what I'm interested in, and what I want out of life.

I'm pushing myself in every direction right now. I'm writing, reading, forcing new material down my throat constantly and trying to digest it.

I'm learning, growing, and expanding this little mind. It will never be big enough.

And on the side my creative energy is glowing. I'm making business cards, getting my photo exhibit up.

I used to think life was boring, that it wasn't enough. But I wasn't diving deeply into it, and now I'm finally giving it a chance to prove itself to me.

A little hard work goes a long way, and suddenly I feel doors all around me opening because I'm applying myself.

Rather than feel exhausted, I feel invigorated.

business cards

"There is a quickening, a vitality, a life force that is translated through you into action and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium, and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, nor how valuable, nor how it compares with others' expression. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to stay open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."

Martha Graham


(I promise some more concrete blogs when I have my head together.)

6 Comments:

Blogger takinchances said...

Good luck with the photo exhibit. Wish I could see it. I do LOVE Paris.

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gill, this is amazing!! your pictures are awesome. what are the details, i'm totally there :)

-jen

10:20 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

That's so exciting - I love the flyers! Totally you. I hope you can post the photos that makes the exhibit, and tell us all about the process. Congrats!

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some days ago I was thinking about Paris...I was missing Paris...but I never been there (not in person)....What I was thinking about was the scenes you always gave to me and other readers....

Congratulations,girl.
I whish you all the best.

ps: bring that exhibit to Brazil
(hehheheh).

6:15 AM  
Blogger Gillian Young said...

Thanks for the encouragement! It's a really small exhibit, my photos decorating a small store, but all is up and beautiful!

7:02 PM  
Blogger la femme said...

Beautiful cards.

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home