My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

all the leaves are brown

My vintage leather boots slap the pavement as I walk through the deserted streets of Kensington.

It's night, the air is warm, and the leaves scattered through the streets tell me that it's a time of change.

After dealing with my rejection, I did three interviews, and was offered all three jobs. The clouds in my sky lifted to reveal brighter days ahead.

I continue walking through Little Italy, staring into restaurants full of young people eating and laughing and swirling martinis. I call an old friend who he tells me that the job I ended up getting rejected for wasn't worth having anyways. She worked for the store and claimed the managers never live up to their standards. We make plans for the weekend and I hang up with a grin.

It seems that some things are meant to happen. And no matter what, it seems my life is always filled with beautiful people, close friends I really care about, good conversations and new opportunities.

So I have a job. I celebrated with my friend at a small Korean restaurant near her house. She was stressed out, but quickly relaxed in the quaint atmosphere. We feasted on lettuce wraps, spicy tofu, ginger martinis and beautiful pan chan side dishes. They played soul music, we talked about our younger days, our troubles these days, and both left happy and laughing.

The pages of my calendar are quickly filling with new engagements. I have a lot to be excited about in these fall months, and it won't be long until I celebrate my 21st birthday, and another year of surviving life with grace and style.

As the leaves turn, so do the days, and I feel thankful that my life continues to move forward.

bike on spadina

4 Comments:

Blogger B said...

Oh, I commented on your previous post before reading this! Congrats on the new job. I used to roll my eyes when my mother would say this, but it so often proves true..."things happen for a reason." I'm so happy for you and hope you enjoy the new job and the beauty of autumn!

Cheers.

11:55 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

Congrats on the job, Gill. Good to hear. How's the apartment? We'll have to have another dinner when I'm back in a couple of weeks. I'll bring grey goose, you cook food. Deal?

9:38 AM  
Blogger Mirella said...

Hi Gill,
Have fun on your new job. Lovely picture!

Cheers,

Mirella

11:27 AM  
Blogger Gillian Young said...

b- This definitely feels like one of those "things happen reason" moments. Thank you for your endless support! Your comments always uplift me.

josh- Deal. Looking forward to having you back.

Mirella- Thank you!

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home