My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

meet me at the watchtower

I'm up in the night, wide awake, mind spinning.

I want to calm myself, but think that maybe this is good, and that I can use these moments to come up with plans and new ideas.

Life has taken a hold of me lately.

Opportunities continue to pop up in my life like unexpected gifts.

I've started my new job, and am happy to be surrounded by beautiful clothing again. Part of me is nervous, there is a lot to learn. I need to work as a style consultant and look the part.

School conitnues to excite my mind, but again, part of me is nervous, as test dates approach and my memory is still trying to grasp all the information that's been thrown into my head.

I organize get togethers to keep the people I love close to me. This is never time lost. I keep my schedule tight, but usually manage to have a quiet night at home cooking myself dinner.

In these moments I find I have so much, but that I'm so filled with passion that I continue to want more.

This, I suppose, is a good thing, but it would also be a good thing to get some sleep tonight.

looking ahead

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is."
-Bob Dylan

4 Comments:

Blogger travel notes said...

What a beautiful portrait :) You are so photogenic, my love!

I'd just like to say thank you for helping me out with my French for the fashion show tickets. It turns out I have been attending quite a few - on trouve les mises à jour sur mon blog - and have been having a wonderful time here in Paris. It would take forever to write down all the things I have done and fallen in love with here.

I wish you all the best in your new job.

Catharine x

5:31 AM  
Blogger thetiniestspark said...

congrats on getting your job! and a lovely photo, indeed. just wanted to say i quite admire your blog and your writing, i've been following your adventures since paris but i don't think i've ever commented...? ca c'est ridicule, quoi. : )

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The reason why you must cut a cross on the top of your soda bread just before you bake it is to "let the fairies out". Brown bread is soda bread in Ireland.

4:54 AM  
Blogger Gillian Young said...

l'embrouillamini- I'm so glad you got to attend fashion week! Will be sure to check out your posts!

thetiniestspark- Thank you so much, I remember you and your blog from a comment in the past! So happy to know you are still reading!

cj- Damn fairies trying to get into my bread...

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home