My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

when ideas become realities

It wasn't long ago that we were sitting in a restaurant having breakfast and brainstorming.

My boyfriend was uninspired by work, and I was thinking about food as usual. He wanted to open up a lounge, but many things were holding him back. We started talking about Hidden Kitchen, a company run by a couple in Paris that serve private dinner parties in their apartment. Inspired by the creative couple, we came up with Hidden Lounge.

With hidden lounge we could serve private dinners, cocktail parties, and have people over to enjoy good company and gourmet food in a comfortable setting.

We could bring together artists, support each other in our work, and have another source of inspiration in our lives.

So far the project is positive for everyone involved. His friends are taking care of business matters and are thrilled of what can come of it. My brother has designed us a beautiful website. My love is finding his passion in cooking again, and I am buzzing with all the creativity going on around me.

Yesterday I took photos for our site, and with the visuals in place we are setting the table for this idea that is turning into a banquet of great things.

hidden lounge
hidden lounge
hidden lounge
hidden lounge
hidden lounge
hidden lounge

18 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Are you freakin' kidding me??? This looks amazing! I'm going to have to make a trip from Seattle to see it in person....

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Gill, this all looks amazing! Is that the table in your new place?

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful.

Now I am hungry.

9:11 PM  
Blogger laceybediz said...

AMAZING!!!!! The photos, the food, the setting-- i am soo impressed!!!! Have you been getting clientèle??

Keep up the wonderful work!!! I imagine your summer season will be a smash!!

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything looks great! Much success to you in your new venture. I like the idea of good food in an intimate setting among friends with common interests. Keep the creativity flowing!!!

7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh . . . my . . .. God!!! I just looked at the Jamiaca menu and my mouth is watering. Callaloo?!?! Oxtail Soup?!?!? WOW WOW WOW!

7:33 AM  
Blogger YY said...

The pictures look - I'm speechless - I'm hungry. Wish I had seen your place. On the way back... my chefs have left for Greece. D and toi have to cook a meal for me. I want to sit at one end of the long table.

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your house looks so elegant! I want to see more!

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the next time I am in Toronto with friends or family, I know where to take them for dinner.

8:56 PM  
Blogger The Late Bloomer said...

I saw the photos on Flickr yesterday, Gillian -- they look AMAZING! Everything just looks fabulous, beyond tasteful, and oh-so-stylish-and-delicious! How many more superlatives can I find?! I love it. I still haven't made it to Hidden Kitchen here in Paris. I wanted to do it for my boyfriend's birthday this year, but as I was already 4 months pregnant, I felt like it would be a shame not to be able to appreciate the wine with the meal. So maybe one day -- next year?!

Good luck with this wonderful venture!

6:34 AM  
Blogger A Novelist said...

What a fabulous idea! Loving food myself, I can truly appreciate the Hidden Lounge. Best of luck to you and your boyfriend with your new endeavors. :)

6:53 AM  
Blogger travel notes said...

Formidable! :)

9:23 AM  
Blogger Ayah said...

this looks great gill. i especially love how you start with dessert!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Sky said...

wow - how exciting and so creative! my best wishes for great success. i love the photos and the long, long, table. exotic.

7:07 PM  
Blogger thetiniestspark said...

lovely, lovely idea, gill! un(?)fortunately, hidden kitchen is now geographically closer to me than hidden lounge, but hopefully i'll make it to both someday. : ) can't wait to see photos from when the parties get up & running ...

5:16 PM  
Blogger DOCTalks said...

wow this is a-m-a-z-i-n-g! all the best. x

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The photos look great, and so does the Hidden Lounge website. Good luck on your business venture! :-)

Inga

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg, gill! congratulations! what a wonderful idea! did you talk to braden and laura for tips? you should! wish I could make it to toronto sometime soon!
glad you're doing well, miss you tons. gros bisous, L

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home