My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

growing young with you

I was born three days after your birthday, and you always said I was the best birthday present you ever received.

Over the next few years you would see me learn to talk, scream, and speak in French. You would watch me grow cautiously into adolescence and hate the world for throwing puberty upon my body. And throughout all of these stages you would, and still do, make me feel like a gift.

It is hard to find someone that can look past all of your imperfections. You make me feel like I deserve the best and that I can do anything I please.

When I'm around you I realize I've taken some of my best personality traits away from you. I can only hope that at your age, I look, think and act as youthfully as you.

After Thanksgiving dinner a family friend talked to me about you. He said, "It's amazing how everyone ages differently. Like Rob, he does it so well, he looks at least 10 years younger than his age."

You do. But what else do you expect when you've lived your live healthfully, remaining calm in stressful situations, keeping your mind stimulated, and finding the humour in life every day?

Here's to another year of working hard, laughing harder, and beating the clock once again.

Cheers dad, I love you.

here's looking you kid

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Hi Gillian

I am a friend of Patrick Spence-Thomas. You've probably heard that he died last week. I've been sentimentally reading through our iChats of which there are many and re-read a chat (June 28, 2007) we had about a visit he had with you and your dad. He sent me some pictures and a link to your blog. I thought I'd send you the chat transcript if you want to send me your email address.

Thanks
Chris (chris@blinkblink.to)

1:31 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I just love your personal messages to your parents. . .I wish I had written more heartfelt letters to my mom when she was still alive.

Beautiful, moving, perfect.

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home