My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, September 22, 2008

i thought happiness was only for fools

I don't know how to describe the beauty of this weekend.

I spent Friday night yelling over cheap martinis to a fellow journalism student about our future careers. We laughed, screamed, made passes at our waiter and nearly lost our voices.

Saturday night my boyfriend and I drove out to the suburbs for my cousin's post-wedding party. There, I got to see my mother, who has just returned from France, and a lot of family I haven't seen in a while. This includes my cousin, the beautiful bride, in a stunning strapless dress, glowing beside the love of her life.

I let loose, drank a few too many apple martinis, and danced more than I have in a long time. My boyfriend charmed all the older women, found us many more clients for dinner parties, and reminded me just why I fell for him in the first place.

My mother came home with us and presented me with a bounty from France: my ultimate bread made by an older Scottish gentleman I love dearly, a giant chocolate bar (already gone), a giant lollipop from Duty Free, and a stunning cashmere scarf. Needless to say, she knows me well, and I'm very happy with all of it.

Sunday a friend from school came over and we spent the day filming a cooking video. We started off at Kensington Market, then shot the meal segment in my kitchen. The video is for a contest with the Women's Network, which I'll talk more about when the video is finished...

My mother took off early this morning, a familiar scene, but I will see her again in less than two weeks in California...

Life suddenly feels like an adventure again, and I can't help but feel incredibly happy.

Auntie Steph
With my aunt Stephanie at the party.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wishing A Coma said...

hmm, sounds like shit is going your way...

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home