My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, March 20, 2005

if you think of me

Then hold onto that thought. Embellish it. Let me embody every beauty and desire your body knows.

Forget the time you saw me cry. The time I turned away from you and refused to listen. When I refused to say goodbye. When I shrugged away from your warmth and walked out on my own.

Remember the time I made an effort just to see you smile. When I left you a letter to say sorry because my mouth didn't know how.

Think of me laughing; dancing; singing. Lustful and in love, with a man or with life.

Forget the days when I sulked uncomfortably in my skin. When every time I gazed at my reflection I winced and found another imperfection.

Remember the day I walked in on cloud nine. When my shoes suddenly fit right, and my bruised ego sat so beautifully in my skin.

Forget the day you told me I was too thin. When I told you I felt too ugly.

I confess: I'm not perfect and I want to be. I never will be and am probably better off because of it. I just hope I can outshine my own dark sides.

If you think of me, tell me how.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gill, I like everything you write and I especially like this. Your openness, your clarity, your honest, sometimes doubtful confessions amaze and move me. I was once a young woman and you remind me of my youth, though I was never so wise nor such a brilliant writer. Imagine what small percentage this is of the impact your words are making.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Carl Carlsberg said...

I think your rock and roll.
And I really mean that.

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gill, I agree with the other anonymous. What is beautiful about you, beyond your obvious surface beauty, is your inner beauty, openness, and willingness to share your thoughts. I wonder how you can look in a mirror and ever see yourself as anything but lovely. And what you call your imperfections are what make you human and approachable.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Beautiful, as always. This moved me to write something great for my personal collection. Thanks for the continued inspiration...

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home