My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

eat your heart out

I never miss an opportunity to feed peope.

So when I spoke to my aunt a few weeks ago, I offered myself up as caterer extroardinaire for her annual Christmas party. A woman with three children and very little time on her hands, she jumped at the offer without hesitation.

I festively planned a menu for approximately 30 people, and came up with this spread...

HORS D'OEUVRES:
Chicken masala skewers
Turkey meatballs with rosemary and pine nuts
Baked brie with wild cranberry and walnuts, served with toasted fruit and nut bread
Red tortilla chips and fresh mango salsa
Smoked salmon and goat cheese blinis
Quesidillas and sundried tomato pest
Vegetables and fresh tzaziki
Tomatoes and bococcini on sourdough
Gourmet trail mix with toasted pecans, raisins and cranberries

DESSERTS:
Fruit platter
Assortment of chocolates
Mini pecan tarts
Mini lemon tarts
Mini apple tarts

The verdict? Delicious.

my aunt and I
catering
catering
turkey meatballs with rosemary and pine nuts
chicken masala skewers
sweet spot
out of the oven
you're such a tart

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones, Gill. May you be surrounded by plenty of good company, good food, and good spirits.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

That is an unreal menu! Very impressive. Your food preperation seems like an art form all on it's own.

6:22 PM  
Blogger laceybediz said...

...just love the tiny tarts, looks yummy!

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home