My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, December 15, 2006

a personal note

Dear beautiful room mates,

My flight to Vancouver went smoothly and I'm now settled back in Vancouver. I sat beside a girl on the plane who liked talking about food, so all went well. There was some minor turbulence, but not enough for me to run up and down the aisles screaming about death.

Since Air Canada makes you buy your meals I was pretty hungry and chewed a lot of gum. Luckily, back at home, my lovely mother had a roast chicken in the oven. Needless to say, I had around four helpings.

Thank you both for helping throw an excellent Christmas party last night. I feel nothing but pride for our happy little home, and it was nice to welcome some good people in to celebrate. Sorry about breaking a wine glass. Jack Daniels doesn't make me a very graceful lady.

Robyn, I thought your gooey rice krispies squares were excellent. Carla, that was one amazing music mix.

Have I mentioned how much I love you?

In the past couple months I've been overwhelmed by the closeness I feel to you. I was pretty sure I didn't like people all that much beforehand.

Thanks for being yourselves,
Merry Christmas,
Gill

p.s- Please throw out perishables-especially the egg nog-before leaving. And feel free to indulge in that Toblerone and chocolate coconut balls I left in the kitchen.

love my ladies

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I envy your relationship with your roomies. Especially as I just yelled and slammed the door at one of mine. Do you guys ever fight?

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree with anonymous up there, you roomies sound like amazing women. i'm sad i missed out on meeting them last night. glad it was such a good time, we truly must get together in the new year. have a wonderful holiday back home!

-Jen

10:49 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

Clearly Jen and Anonymous have never met Carla and Robyn. They are nothing short of, um, yeah, we'll go with amazing.

The party was excellent, and grant loved the rice krispie balls (i didnt try, sorry robyn).

Thanks for the party, you three. What a beautiful goodbye to them Gill, as they sat in the movie theatre here in Toronto. You three are incredibly complimentary to each other in every sense of the word.

11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Gill, nice to have some news, thanks chance. I will go on in french as it's much easier for me. Je suis tombé par hazard sur ton blog, je me sens assez bizarre, comme si j'entrais dans ton intimité. Enfin, je préfére te laisser un petit post plutot que de tout lire et filer en douce. Je profite de ce message pour te souhaiter un merveilleux Noël, beaucoup de bonheur et te dire que tu es une fille extraordinaire. Je viendrais reprendre le fil de ton blog une autre fois si ca ne te dérange pas, et te donnerai quelques nouvelles de la France. Je t'embrasse fort fort fort.
Fabien

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No post has ever made me miss being a student or communal living more.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

Merry Christmas !

4:17 AM  
Blogger Gillian Young said...

Thanks everyone! Happy holidays and Merry Christmas!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

Gill, I guess this post is a little late as you wrote this a while ago, but I just read it because I had to catch up. You have beautiful writing, so I had to read some of your other posts. But I had a great time at your party. I hope you have an amazing Christmas out West (I love Vancouver) and I’ll see you in the New Year!
PS. I started blogging because of you, I’m not that good, but I like it so far.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home