My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

oqoqo mini photo show

The crowd was small, but the photo soirée happened, with beautiful people, French music, several beautiful cheeses, fresh grapes, Paris toasts and crunchy baguette.

The day leading up to it was a daydream. Toronto served itself to me on a silver platter. The sky was bright, and I trudged around happily in my boots, my jacket done up asymetrically (my friends pointed out, telling me they loved me) and my grin bigger than ever.

Kensington Market is the best place to be in the fall, with crates of fruit and autumn vegetables flowing out of stores in abundance. Rastafarians were laughing and jumping around in the steets. People were buying fresh bread and pastries, stopping for coffee, or perusing through the many vintage stores. Inside a cheese shop, I smiled feverishly with two other young blondes as we tasted everything in store, and left with a heavy armful of the best: double cream Brie, dill Havarti, hard goat cheese and more.

I walked back to class eating an apple the size of my head, vendors in Chinatown yelling out to me, loving the sight of long blonde hair.

In the evening I stood amongst photos, friends, beautiful organic clothing and the heavenly cheese selection.

It was a small step, a small photo show, but a leap towards something more. I know what I would do differently now, how I can improve, and what I can do in the future to keep working towards something better.

I'm young, and it feels good sometimes, just feeling my way through it all.

les femmes et le fromage
the photographers
french windows series
jeans and monsieur photo
photo by register
photos in the clothes
so many ways to wear a sweater

6 Comments:

Blogger R said...

Congratulations on the show!
Your hard work will definitely lead you to where you want to be....
Can't wait to hear about your future shows.

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Gill! Thank you for sharing your beautiful photography with us.

I just read through your last couple of entries - for some reason they didn't load on my computer until today. It sounds like you had a very enjoyable Halloween.

Good luck in finding love. I actually met my boyfriend on the internet and we've been together for over two years so I know it is possible - but I didn't go through Lavalife.

Good luck in finding happiness as well. I've cried on public transit before too. It's hard not to feel worn down and weakened by life. But you *are* strong, Gill, even if you think otherwise. The fact that you could keep going shows that.

I just turned twenty as well. We're growing up. But you really are doing it beautifully.

3:17 PM  
Blogger travel notes said...

Congratulations Gill, your exhibition looks great, and the bread and cheese looks goooooood. Hope you had a lovely evening, you're a very inspiring young woman.

6:32 AM  
Blogger Gillian Young said...

Thank you for the encouragement! I hope their are future shows, and yes, future loves and forms of happiness. You all inspire me in return.

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww i'm so sad i missed this but CONGRATS on what sounds like a very successful night!

will DEFINITELY be catching the next one...

-jen

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so proud that I know you, Gill, the famous photographer.

2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home