My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

she

She’s running everywhere:
To the corner store
For fruit and yoghurt,
And the smile of the man
Behind the counter.
“You look like a movie star,” he says,
She smiles and shakes her head.
She’s running to class,
Running to meet deadlines,
Because she’ll never let herself be late.
She's running in heels,
Down the four blocks
To the restaurant where she works:
“Can I seat you over here please?”
“And garlic bread with your order?”
She’s running for photo editor,
And putting her face up on walls.
She’s running in her sleep,
Even though the doctor gave her pills,
So she can close her eyes,
And still, her eyes are open,
Her legs are moving,
And she can’t stay lying down.
She’s running,
Not away from anything,
But towards everything:
To life,
To the everything she’s always wanted,
And nothing will slow her down.

plastic wrapped

10 Comments:

Blogger travel notes said...

I love the distortion in this image. You take a very good self portrait. One of the most memorable images from your blog is the photograph in which you are sitting on a balcony, with the sun on half of your face. I believe it was in Paris, non?

p.s. Merci beaucoup for the link :)

1:06 PM  
Blogger la femme said...

superfemme.

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sometimes i can really see how similar we are... alternates for the same team, in different matches...

you are so loved gill.

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats cool gill
well done

andrew

8:12 AM  
Blogger Patrick said...

Good luck with the Eye elections. I'll be there, but I'm not running. You've got my vote. I've been running too long, too far, and I'm too exhausted. Don't end up the same way.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

(that was josh...)

5:36 PM  
Blogger takinchances said...

Please tell me how you did that with the picture?

I love your art.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Gillian Young said...

l'embrouillamini- It's funny that you mention that photo, because it's that exact photo (in Paris, oui) that I used for my election poster!

eurobrat-qui moi? non c'est toi.

ayah- so true, and how I love you too.

josh- I may crash from time to time, I'll just try and makes sure I get back up again.

takin chances- I fiddled with photoshop, distorting the edges with the liquify tool, and then plastic wrapping the entire photo, with only a light amount of detail so the image would still come through.

5:31 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

Stunning.

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love she.

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home