My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

russian lesbian

I'm walking through the park in short black shorts, a long sleeve black zip up, sunglasses and a beach bag.

Soft melodies play through my iPod into the head phones in my ears, and I walk, enamored with the day and the sweetness of solitude.

On the sidewalk stands a young man with black curly hair and a beautiful grey dog. He stops and waits for me. When I reach him he says something and I pull out my headphones.

"I'm sorry, I have to ask you, are you of Russian or Polish decent?" He asks.

I laugh. "No, people tend to assume I am, but I'm actually Irish," I answer. It's not the first time I've been asked this.

I start to put on my headphones when he speaks again.

"I have one more question, this one's a bit wierder."

"What's that?" I'm hoping he's not planning on asking me out.

"I want to set you up with a friend of mine..." He says, a smile on his lips.

"Sorry, I'm actually seeing somebody." I reply.

"That's too bad, she's really hot..."

"She? Ohh...ya, well, sorry. Thanks though."

I put my headphones back on, in love with summer, the park, and conversations that come up with strangers when I'm feeling free.

high park
sleeping in the sun

9 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

I just had to tell you that this story made me laugh! Too funny!

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it the boy from the last post??

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That park isn't so pretty... but you are. :)

6:37 PM  
Blogger Gillian Young said...

Hehe, thanks, I thought it was pretty funny. And the boy from the last post is just a close friend of mine!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

just goes to show - everyone and anyone is in love with Gill. it's science.

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gill broke hearts all over france when she left...
are you really seeing someone or is that not even the point?
xx L

5:02 PM  
Blogger writersblock said...

haha this was a funny one. I am glad to see that you are feeling better and happy to see you back online! the blogosphere missed you.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Parisian Cowboy said...

Funny story !

9:56 AM  
Blogger Gillian Young said...

Ah merci, you're all too kind. And yes maitresse, there is someone...we have some catching up to do!

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home