My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

forever young

As I run around the city with radio equipment strapped on and a microphone in my hand, I think of my father.

He studied radio and television at the same univeristy where I study journalism. His voice made him excellent for radio, his ear made him exceptional.

Now a production sound mixer he continues to impress people with his understanding of sound.

And as I run around the city, I pray that some of these things are genetic.

I owe a lot to my father. His sense of calm makes the world seem manageable. The love he's shown me over the years makes me feel like I could take over the world while I'm at it.

The combination of work, school and sleepless nights are getting the best of me. But like him, I will keep going with strength and a smile.


Happy Birthday dad, you are an inspiration, a friend and a great person. I love you.

my father

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rob, and since I am posting on the 17th, happy 21st Gill!

I can't believe the little kid I bossed around as you made pesto and pasta all by yourself (except for the bossing around) is now 21! And an amazing cook.

I hope you have 21 good reasons to have a great year.

1:02 PM  
Blogger daringtowrite said...

Happy birthday to you and your dad, Gill. I hope this one is the best one yet.

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday (I know, I'm late!)

Any way, I wish you all the best!

cheers

Mirella

2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home