My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

and a very merry christmas to you

I arrived home in Vancouver five days ago and am still catching my breath.

The past week has been a blur of good food, old friends, hugs, kisses, cookies, drinks and dancing until the early morning. I broke my three drink rule and partied like I did in high school, because even Santa knows I've been a little too good this year.

Last night I made dinner for my family, and we exchanged gifts on Christmas eve in the company of my brother. We scratched lottery tickets, shared our simple presents, and had some close family friends drop by to share a bottle of wine.

We kept it simple this year. I received a large stack of books and couldn't be happier. I made my dad a homemade cookbook, gave my mom two books from her wish list, and bought my brother an exclusive magazine and a guidebook to Las Vegas. On the more extravagant side of gifts, my brother is taking me to Las Vegas for New Years. Now that's a gift I won't refuse.

This morning I made my parents breakfast and now we're taking it easy.

It has been an amazing year. I've worked hard, laughed hard, and loved openly.

I hope you are all having a great Christmas, eating well, and finding yourselves in good company.

christmas eve

CHRISTMAS EVE DINNER
Halibut with balsamic reduction, grilled polenta cakes, white asparagus, and a blue cheese, pear, walnut and arugula salad (not in photograph)

halibut with balsamic reduction and polenta cake

CHRISTMAS BREAKFAST
smoked salmon baked eggs with aged cheddar and chives, hash browns and toast
smoked salmon baked eggs

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeez, how did you get a brother who takes you to Las Vegas for New years??? I'm lucky if my brother even remembers to call me! So not fair. Can I be adopted into your family?

The food looks fab, btw. You should totally work for Bon Apetit magazine or something.

5:45 PM  
Blogger la femme said...

Happy Xmas from Western Australia. All the best for 2008!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Ayah said...

merry christmas to you too lovey! send my love to the family. and you do know that my wedding is going to be in vegas in the fall right?! brush up on the attractions so we'll know all the hot spots! XOXOXO!

9:48 PM  
Blogger laceybediz said...

hi hi!! We do the lotto ticket thing for x-mas too!!

That halibut sounds lovely...especially on the coasts of Vancouver.

Have fun in Vegas!!!

xxx
lace

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salut !

Depuis longtemps je te lisais
et il y a plusieurs mois j'ai perdu mes marque pages en pensant ne jamais retrouver l'adresse de ton blog.. Et bien ce soir, par chance, me revoilà sur ton blog et donc j'en profite pour te dire que tu es très douée à l'écriture et à la photographie, ce blog est superbe ! Bonne continuation ! Et excellentes fêtes de fin d'année !!! :)

Claire

12:05 PM  
Blogger daringtowrite said...

Hi Gill, Just stopping in to wish you your best year yet!

11:51 PM  
Blogger Chelsea Talks Smack said...

Woaa this Christmas eve dinner looks bangin', just found your blog today...so glad I did! Happy New year!

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home