My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

banana bread of love

A while back someone asked for my roommates groan worthy banana bread. This recipe is especially special, because it comes from my grandmother's handwritten recipe book. Since she's passed away, I plan on working my way through the book in her memory.

My roommate loves this recipe, and swears by using thawed frozen fermented bananas, and adding a cup of chocolate chips (or more if I'm lucky)!

Far Away Grandma’s Banana Bread

Ingredients:
1 cup margarine
2 cups sugar
6 ripe bananas (mashed)
4 eggs well beaten
2½ cups flour
2 tsp soda
1 tsp salt

Directions:
1. Cream margarine and sugar.
2. Add well beaten eggs.
3. Add mashed bananas and stir well.
4. Add dry ingredients.
5. Pour into greased loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes at 325°C.

*Makes 2 loaves

gotta love banana bread

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"groan worthy"? as in worth the groaning that goes along with cooking or as in eating so much you groan from a full stomach?

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Gill the Babe, somewhat off topic, I was just wondering why you haven't been posting any comments to Robyn the Babe's blog [lol] You really should, you know.

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way Happy Thanksgiving to you both :) Your blogs are terrific!

11:16 AM  
Blogger Gillian Young said...

anonymous- pure groans of pleasure

mr big- I usually prefer to lurk, who are you mr big?

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great food, friends and conversation - that's what makes the holidays so special.
Happy Thanksgiving, Gill.

5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home