My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 22, 2007

21 years gone by

Last week I turned 21.

I was overcome by the amount of love and affection that came my way.

My day was filled with birthday messages put together by my mother, gifts from my room mates, self-pampering, and a selection of goodies from my boyfriend, including my first proffessional chef knife.

I spent the evening surrounded by friends, food and wine, and my cousins who showed up at the restaurant with a giant bouquet and a bottle of champagne from my mother.

At this age it's good to know I have people who love me for who I am and the woman I'm growing into.

Over the weekend my boyfriend and I took the train to Montreal, and spent three days walking, laughing, shopping and eating at our own pace.

On the train back I studied for my English midterm, arrived home after midnight, and got back into the pace of my life early the next morning for school and work.

Life is busy and I'm fighting to keep up, but meanwhile I'm still enjoying the celebrations and pleasures in between.

cheers
birthday dessert
montreal
baguettes
butcher
sales
goodfoot
walker
durant
montreal graffiti
candy
post box love
arret
durant and gill

10 Comments:

Blogger thetiniestspark said...

the photo of your boyfriend sweeping back the hotel window curtain is magical. happy birthday, ms. gill : )

11:31 AM  
Blogger laceybediz said...

awe.. happy birthday!! it looks like it was great.. and what a cutie for a bf you have!!!

cheers!!
lace

12:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy birthday, kid. I'm officially twice as old as you...

You look like you have a great life ahead of you, and you're off to a great start.

Go get 'em.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Silvia C. said...

I still remember the first time I came here...was searching for any 'spiritual but sad' pic on google. 2005.

Now I have to say that I want to visit Paris(maybe someday) and this is your fault!!
lol
I love ur pictures.

Happy birthday,Gillian.
You deserve to be happy.

17th,right? same to my grandma...


ps:is the guy wearing sunglasses ur bf?

2:53 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

Happy Birthday gorgeous-inside-and-out girl.

3:09 AM  
Blogger Nico said...

At last, that magical age where you start feeling old :)

Happy Birthday!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

your musings and pictures always delight me, this post is no exception.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Gillian Young said...

And now even more love here...I'm glowing. Thank you for the birthday wishes.

And yes, boy in sunglasses is mine...

Thank you all for your sweetness and encouragement!

7:33 PM  
Blogger B said...

Happy belated birthday! I'm glad to hear that things are going well and you had such a great day and weekend with your boyfriend. It's funny because my birthday was last week as well. Of course, I've got 10 years on ya! ;-) I hope the year ahead brings you much happiness and fulfillment!

12:23 AM  
Blogger Chelsea Talks Smack said...

Aww I know this was months ago but this pictures are beautiful. I just turned 21 in Nov...I'm happy you had a good one ;) And nice looking man, congratulations.

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home