My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, September 27, 2004

control yourself woman

Socrates believed in internal strength and having the parts of your soul under control. This philosopher was ahead of his time on so many levels. To be a good person he saw that you had to self-discipline your mind. That your desires, reason and knowledge should balanced. That desires should not govern your mind, rather your reason should. That does not go to say desires should be neglected, but that you should be aware of them; have them under control.

My reason and my desires are off kilter right now. I don't know what I want. My body, mind, and emotions have been rejecting me today. I just, I don't even know what to say.

And so I sit in my room with cement walls. I know no creature comfort could calm the way I feel. A bath is too much effort. I already know it won't offer what I'm seeking. If I was an alcoholic I would lose myself in a bottle. If I was a social butterfly I'd seek comfort in numbers. But I have know words to how I feel. Just a lost expression and watery eyes. Even my writing feels empty and artificial.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home