My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, October 15, 2004

Hard News

Break your neck
Make it gory
I’ll make it news
I’ll write a story.
Pain is pleasure,
Fame is fortune,
Suicide is sexy.

Make it slutty,
Make it hurt,
Get scary skinny
Forget dessert.

The news shows me pictures
And I know no reaction:
Numb to destruction
Stars and liposuction.

Crash your car on the 401
I’ll make it a story
We'll all have fun.
Throw in your kid
Now the story’s got punch
Drive even faster
Because he forgot his lunch.
Tears will fall
And they'll all ask why;
My editor will call,
My paycheck high.

At the end of the day, I’ll have forgotten how to cry.
But they'll say "that girls got a story"
And I'll get my hard news high.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home