My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, December 06, 2004

"oh my god, oh my god"

All I could say this morning to the flurry of snow that swept past my 14th floor window. Because the wind here is so strong, it flew across like a blizzard. Something different. Something unexpected. The snow I've been fearing has made me feel all warm inside.

Met some friends in the cafeteria for breakfast. Christmas decorations bring light to our drab dining hall. Cake and hot coffee went down well as we watched snow fall from the heavens, painting the courtyard white.

The morning journalism lecture was inspirational. Three photographers showed off some of their best work. I drooled and dreamed of digital cameras. It kills me how clever photographers can be. Some shots were amazing. Sent on an assignment to take a picture of a pianist at this home, the photographer managed to get the man's face with the piano keys reflected in his glasses. Brilliant. Excellent turn out. Fashion shots from Paris and Milan had me squirming in my seat. I have a weakness for haute couture these days.

Afterwards I went for a walk in the snow to 'Buy the Pound', an insanely cheap second hand store, where you fill a bag from crates of clothes, shoes, and accessories, and actually buy by the pound.

I felt like a child. Giddy by the snow under my boots. A wool toque pulled over my long blonde hair. It was if nothing had changed from the days where I was three feet shorter and passionate for anything pink and purple.

Now I have to get to work because I have an overwhelming amount of work to do before I go home. Two projects do in two days. And yes, procrastination has me still trying to finish them.

But oh my god, what a beautiful morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home