My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

love you more than sweet potato pie

My dad is a pretty special guy.

He does yoga every morning in the living room.

He works 12 hour days and still manages to look half his age.

He can barbecue anything to perfection and makes the best Caesar salad I’ve ever tasted.

He’s curious about everything, and will spend a day at a snail farm in France, just because, and rave about it afterwards.

He’s written a screenplay and is working on a mystery novel.

He has a perfect ear for music, and introduced me to the world of motown, jazz and blues at a young age.

He was nominated for an Academy Award but never boasts about it.

Even more, he’s helped raised three children who would all agree he’s pretty damn great.

Dad, I love you with every bone of my body. I am proud to be your daughter. You make me feel like I can achieve anything I dream of. I admire you in so many ways, and I want you to know I feel lucky to just to have you in my life.

I want to tell you as simply and honestly as I can: I love you.

A lot.

Happy father’s day.

father

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very touching.
delphine

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a humble man. even I brag about mr. young's academy award nomination..

shirin

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home