My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, January 14, 2008

new year, new you!

I have no New Years resolutions.

I'm not looking to become a new person this year, to join a gym, go on a diet or get a boob job (I can't afford one anyways). But I do want to move forward.

When I was at home over Christmas I threw away old journals, art work, photographs and report cards. I held onto a few precious pieces, kept a shoebox of photos and a few ripped pages from my diaries.

I used to think that someday I would publish all my old journals into a novel. But my teenage years were so filled with angst that I would rather keep those words to myself. It took a long time to get rid of that angst, and I felt a sense of relief as I tossed them into plastic garbage bags.

I don't want to forget all the stages of my life, or all the parts of who I am, but I do want to get rid of excess baggage, to own little and travel through life lightly.

For now I have a lot I want to accomplish in this city. I want to build my resume, work towards my career, hold onto my relationship, and throw some amazing dinner parties.

I want to be present in the moment, to start a new journal, and maybe hold onto it this time.

sketch portrait

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Gill: It's me- Anita. Jenn has you as a link on her blog so I had the pleasure of seeing the photos of you and Brendan in Las Vegas. I loved the pictures. Have a Happy New Year.

7:53 PM  
Blogger The Late Bloomer said...

I hear you on the resolutions, Gillian -- I just don't DO resolutions! But I do like to try to look forward to the future and make plans, if at all possible. I also need to work on improving myself in certain ways, as well as focus on setting some specific goals. Sounds to me like you have some wonderful plans and projects coming up, and you certainly sound focused to me! And you write as beautifully as ever.

Have a wonderful 2008! I'm sure it's going to be a great year for you, in which you will continue to blossom and evolve.

6:17 AM  
Blogger andrea said...

have a gr8 2008 homeslice!

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gillian. I have been reading your blog and love seeing someone else that is my age enjoying life and everything that it brings. I wish you all the best and will continue to be an avid reader of your blog. I am also studying journalism. ;) Have a great new Year.

1:02 PM  
Blogger fred said...

salut Gillian ...

fred et son fromage "époisses" volant ;-))

i looked at your blog , quite interesting ...!

some kind of "sagesse' in it !

just wonder why no more personn are able to understand a basic fact of life = It's short ! you won't take out anything with you once it's too late , so grab all what you want or feel like needing now ..!


if you feel like i could send you the said cheese , or bring it to Canada , as i am supposed to to go to north america in a while ...

entering by Canada or by USA doesn't make any difference to me !

so it's up to you !

(delete this message if you feel like , pas de problèmes ...)

10:08 AM  
Blogger Gillian Young said...

fred- I appreciate your kindness, but don't worry about it. I know a great cheese shop here where I can probably get some.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home