My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, March 16, 2009

changing like the seasons

The sunshine poured over the city this weekend.

With the sidewalks free of the snow, and the wind more of a gentle breeze than a bitter chill, the city demanded attention.

After weeks of fighting the cold, going to bed early, and spending most nights out shooting our documentary, it was time to enjoy life a little.

The weekend was rich in good company, smoky ribs and cocktails with live soul music, antipasto and wine in little Italy, fresh goat cheese and home made crackers from the farmers market, licked off my chilled fingers on a picnic table outside of St.Lawrence market, hot walnut cakes from Korea town and a stroll through the cobble stone streets of the Distillery District.

It was everything my senses could have wished for. A celebration of life, and a tribute to the city I'll soon be leaving.

Meanwhile I try to sort out my life. Make plans for the future. Make a mental map of what I want to do and where I want to be.

In the next few months I will be working on taking big and little steps towards getting what I want out of life.

The first step is finishing off my final projects and getting that degree in my hands. I'll keep you posted with the rest.

distillery
live jazz brunch
book hunting

I am also working at making some changes on my blog. What would you like to see more of? Would you be interested in a separate food blog? More recipes? Let me know!

7 Comments:

Blogger daringtowrite said...

Hi Gill, Good to see you! I always enjoy most the posts where you are sharing your inner world along with your outer world. That's what "confessions" means to me. Above all, though, I'm content to see you writing what you want and sharing it with us.

10:01 AM  
Blogger GoodNews said...

Hi Gill, I'm a fan from NYC... would love to see more photos. You're an excellent writer and love your style of writing, but truthfully... I come for your photography.
Rich

4:31 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

I'm no help either - I love your writing style, the stories of your life, honesty of your feelings and always the pictures at the end. I think it's perfect as it is:)

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Video, you have the skills, seen them!

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More writing and more photos, it all sounds good ! :)

1:22 PM  
Blogger RICHARD PARKER said...

Gildo,
I'd like some simple recipes! Don't forget those photos!
Renee

ps. replace my old blog with this one!

4:34 PM  
Blogger rainstorm said...

I think a separate food blog would be great !

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home