My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

there's no place like home

For the first time in years I am home.

I have been back in forth to Vancouver many times, but never for long enough to take it all in. I am usually running around trying to make the most out of my short stay and see as many people as possible.

But this time I'm letting myself settle a little, I'm enjoying walks by the water, drives into different parts of town, and yesterday I enjoyed a walk through Vancouver's glorious Stanley Park.

Nature is the best therapist I know. It is mood enhancing, thought provoking and calms something inside of me that rarely settles down.

I felt so lucky yesterday, walking along the ocean then climbing up into the park trails with my boyfriend. The trees were giant and alive all around us in vibrant shades of green. Large tree stumps left over from storms looked like little forts out of story books, and the whole park felt like a fairy tale.

With all the ways to spend a Saturday, this has to be the best. After a good walk through the park and a relaxed lunch on the patio I was ready to go serve tables for the night with my mind in the right place.

I took on my first party at the restaurant, made a few mistakes, but did a good job overall and came home late at night with some cash in my pocket.

After a lot of stress and heartache about where I stand in life I am starting to feel good about it. I'm earning a bit of money, working towards future goals and taking in the scenery while I'm at it.

sea wall
rock art
size of the trees
speed walking!
Speed walking to work up a sweat!
stanley park

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog and have been reading it every week for a couple years now. I think you're a great writer and a lovely soul. Keep on eating and enjoying life, health, and love!

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home