My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

oh babe take me home

After a perfectly cooked beef tenderloin and a few (or more) celebratory glasses of sparkling wine I am getting down to business.

Half of my suitcase is packed, my clothes are in the washing machine, and I'm enjoying my last late night hours in this wonderful house.

Since the first night I slept here I felt at home. The walls exude Mary's warmth and charm, and loving memories of her husband Patrick are everywhere. I'll miss cooking on the gas stove, eating dinner on stools at the counter, and standing around with a cup of tea talking to Mary. I see myself as a very lucky person, and I consider myself very fortunate for having been welcomed into this home.

And now I prepare for the next stage of my life. I am looking forward to getting into a healthy routine in Vancouver. I have been all over the map for so long in my sleeping, eating and travelling. The West coast is the perfect setting for me to get a little more exersice, eat healthfully, and hopefully find a great job. I am accepting that finding my dream job may take time but am looking forward to producing some great personal projects on the side. I want to make big changes with the blog and start putting out many more videos.

Tomorrow night I'll fly to the city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty, and for the first time in five years I'll be home for a solid length of time. I'm looking forward to it.

As much as I love Toronto, I'm ready to go back to the first place I ever called home. I may be back at some point, but for now I'm craving the ocean at my toes and the mountains at my fingertips.

morning sun

1 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa said...

Congratulations on graduating! I think I've just finished reading all (or nearly all) of your blog posts. I want you to know I really admire you, and even though I've never met her, your mother has become one of my personal heroes. You're a GREAT writer, and I can't wait to read about what's next for you. I wish you all the best!

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home