My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, April 13, 2009

a little town called hope

I've been trying to think about what I want to do with my one wild and precious life.

As I walk down the streets on a sunny Easter morning in Port Hope, where my grandparents live, it all seems clear. I want health, happiness, adventure, beauty and love.

I want to feel excited about the way I'm living in life. I want to set goals and reach them. I want to create beautiful things, and surround myself in beauty as often as possible, whether it's out in nature, in a museum, a flower shop or a stunning boutique. I want to be there for my family when they need me. I want to love and be loved in return.

While plotting my future these are all things I need to keep in mind. I keep coming back to the thought that I need to encourage health, food and adventure in people's lives. I want to help other young women feel good about their bodies and excited about their lives. I have a few projects brewing in my head on where to take these ideas.

Tonight is my last night in my grandparent's home after a leisurely Easter weekend. I slept late, ate well (too healthfully in my grandfather's eyes), studied, spent time with my brother, enjoyed the sunshine and even put together a cooking video with my grandmother!

I am enjoying my last days in Ontario as I mentally plot my big move to Vancouver. Today I shipped off a box of Spring clothing to await me when I get back. I am excited for the sunny days to come, a little anxious about job hunting, but full of hope.

studying
nannie and poppie's home
sexy beast
Port Hope
gryphon booka
upstairs cafe
easter morning
bright day in Port Hope
decked in poppie's clothes
Dressed in my grandfather's digs to go for a walk at night!
healthy smoothie!
Getting my grandpa to start the day off right with a healthy green smoothie!
nannie and poppie

My camera isn't working right now so all of these are courtesy of my iPhone!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Keely said...

What a gorgeous place to relax and think about what you want to do with your life! I can see how it would come to you so clearly there.

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home