My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, January 24, 2005

where do i go from here

My friend was telling me how my blogs are basically about my emotions, about my ups and downs, with a lot of 'Walking down the street I..'

It wasn't meant in a bad way...but now I...don't know what to say.

I re-read old entries and even the poetry seems so cliche.

My room mate says I'm more like a writer than a journalist...lost in creative writing rather than the real world that surrounds me.

And I'm not aware of the world around me. And the newspaper bores me to tears. And the only thing that keeps me breathing is being able to get lost in my mind and focusing in on what I'm attracted to. I live off colour, emotion, art, faces...abstract things that make the days worth while.

And I don't know what to do with myself now or what path to follow.

Should I discipline myself and dig deeper into journalism?

I've been feeling much better today but am suddenly sick to my stomach.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The newspaper bores me.
Your writing inspires me.
I'm confident that you can use all this practise/ability to channel into some hard journalisme.

1:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with anonymous. I also think you courageous to write what you write, tell your hard truths. There is nothing cliche about them.

5:35 AM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

Whenever a boy comments on anything having to do with emotion, don't listen.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home