My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, January 21, 2008

morning sun

It’s bitter cold outside.

My body aches for summer, but I’m finding comfort in brisk walks, cooking spicy meals, drinking large mugs of tea and bundling myself up with my boyfriend.

This morning I rode the streetcar to school as the sun was rising. The stores were closed, and the streets were silent and still.

When I came home after school a man came to the door with a package for me. The rest of my books I received for Christmas arrived. By the time I'm done reading these books winter should be over and I'll be happily strutting around without a winter jacket again.

Until then, you can find me hurrying down the street with a scarf wrapped around my face, hands in my pocket, or riding the streetcar in the morning sun.

streetcar
drive by
early morning streetcar
my books!

5 Comments:

Blogger Ayah said...

love, i'm envious of your perpetual positivity.

12:02 PM  
Blogger la femme said...

I just got back to Toronto and am longing for the Australian sun.

Good luck with term xx

12:19 PM  
Blogger laceybediz said...

yippie-- I adore MR.Pollen-- he is quite the genius-- I just finished his new book (was thinking about blogging about my favorite parts)-- he seems to always say everything I am thinking-- but has scientific info to back it up-- and great writing!

Good luck in the cold!!

xx
lace

7:03 PM  
Blogger Mary-Laure said...

Hi there, I feel shy writing because you expressed so precisely what I feel. I'm longing for the summer too and until it comes, I'll be adding spoonfuls of curry to my pumpkin soups and refilling bottomless cups of ginger tea.
(PS: I hope you'll enjoy Omnivore's Dilemma, it's a terrific book!)

2:44 PM  
Blogger Gillian Young said...

ayah- it's taking an extra effort this month!

la femme- how was Australia? what adventures are you up to now?

lacey- I am reading this book because you recommended it to me! So excited!

Mary-Laure- Merci, and a curried pumpkin soup sounds delish...

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home