My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, February 03, 2008

I watched it bloom

Sometimes my mind is blessed with clarity.

Yesterday morning I trudged through the snow, my hand in my beau's, to the restaurant down the street for brunch. Over eggs and toast we talked about bigger plans and doing things we're passionate about.

I went home and did work from school, then called my grandfather to arrange a visit to him and my brother this weekend.

Later I ran down the slippery streets to yoga, where I stretched my bones and breathed deeply into my body.

I bought groceries and talked with the chatty Asian woman who owns the health food store, promising to return with my recipe for apple crisp.

At home I slipped into a skirt, and helped my roommate provide a feast for guests. We spent the night sipping wine, laughing, and groaning over her lemon rosemary chicken.

Before bed I called my parents to tell them I love them.

In the morning I watched a Green Tea flower bloom in my tea cup. It was a gift from a friend, and a romantic way to start the day before going to work.

I have come out of my blues and back into the world.

The air feels warmer, my legs move more easily as I walk down the icy sidewalks, and I feel like excited about moving forward.

green tea flower

4 Comments:

Blogger laceybediz said...

its always amazing what 'the next day' has to offer, isn't it??? This winter weather, returning to the US made me think life was over, you know?? But, then day by day--little things sprout...

As always, I LOVE your honest posts-- and fabulous pics!!

Keep inspiring!!

xx

8:52 PM  
Blogger Gillian Young said...

You're the best, thank you, and yes, thank god life continues to bloom after the dark days!

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your honest and soulful posts! They are my favorite of all, and your photography is so classy too!
-L in Australia

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

***i love this photo!***

4:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home