My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, March 01, 2008

video killed the radio star

"Five, four, three, two..."

Our intro comes up on screen and the music starts to play. The anchors start leading the top stories and the show is on the road.

Eventually our male anchor starts talking about the weather, it's the coldest day of the year so far.

"Here to talk with us about this cold weather is Gillian Young, what are we seeing here Gillian?"

It's on to me. "That's right Sean, it sure is cold outside. I mean you often hear about global warming, but when do you hear about global cooling?"

I take it from there, speaking with ease and trying to make our live Q&A as natural as possible.

I love this stuff.

The camera, the lights, talking about something that affects our lives...I feel good here.

I used to want to be a movie star. Who didn't? These days I'm falling for TV journalism.

I'm not reading lines or selling a product, I'm informing people, talking about real life, and finding meaning in the topic of the day.

Whether I'll end up on TV, behind the camera, in the editing suite, or doing something completely unrelated, my classroom experience is the best I could ask for right now.

broadcast class

4 Comments:

Blogger MiMi said...

Gillian,

First Congratulations on the next step in your life. It is something both exciting and scary about moving in with a boyfriend. I wish you the best!!;)

Your post on school and the different things you do are so exciting. I love journalism and share the same passion as you with reporting news and being in front of a camera! I am sure you will have a very bright future ahead with journalism!!

Best Wishes,

Mimi

11:01 AM  
Blogger andrea said...

this picture makes me miss home!

8:45 AM  
Blogger laceybediz said...

you so, very much, look the part!

xx

3:05 PM  
Blogger la femme said...

Very cool- congrats!

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home