My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

everything is changing

It’s two months until we move out of this apartment.

Until we say goodbye to two whole years of dancing on these wooden floors. Of laughing, crying, and sleeping on my grandmother’s floral sofas. Of filling the kitchen with smoke, the smell of my roommates decadent banana bread, and the sound of my voice giving lectures on how to cook.

It seems like only yesterday that we first moved in and sat around the dining room table with individual tubs of Ben and Jerry's ice cream.

We were quick to define our characters, realize how different we are from one another, and love each other for it.

It's been a mix of emotions, but we've laughed more than anything. We've shared some great meals, some even greater conversations, and plan on growing old together in matching muumuus.

While my roommates graduate and move on to their own adventures, I will move in with my boyfriend, finish my last year of school, and then take on the world.

Today the sun shone so brightly that I knew everything would be alright.

I spent the day outside, happy just to be living in the moment.

Spring is on it's way and change is in the air, so I'm taking deep breaths until it's time to move forward.

valentine's day
lady in red
they bite
robyn
baby pears
carla

4 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

A hard, but very exciting time. Congrats on the next step in your relationship and best of luck to you both!

6:28 PM  
Blogger la femme said...

congratulations.

2:53 PM  
Blogger YY said...

What a beautiful rose. So happy that your spirits up and all is well. Give my love and best wishes to Robin and Carla. And a bundle of love to you.

12:24 PM  
Blogger The Late Bloomer said...

Enjoy this new phase in your life -- sounds like an exciting time! Lovely post, as always, and gorgeous photos, so full of color.

2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home