My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

EAT!

I had the pleasure of going to EAT! Vancouver, a food and cooking festival this weekend.

I'm not going to lie, I was looking forward to this event months in advance. The idea of a room filled with gourmet food, samples, cooking demonstrations and celebrity chefs is almost too much for me to handle.

Upon arrival I strategically planned a tour around the whole event to taste everything before deciding what to buy. The samples were abundant and I quickly filled up on fresh sushi, mushroom scones, crackers and barbados hot sauce, all-natural desserts and chocolate.

I even got to see one of my favorite Food Network stars live! While I am completely enamored with Ricardo and his show, the set-up wasn't great and I quickly got back to shopping.

ricardo!
food network stage

One of the great things about sampling so many different things is I got to discover a few great new products. I left the event with a bag full of goodies, some free magazines, a full belly and a big grin on my face. It's always good to eat.

mrs.may's
Mrs.May's all natural nut snacks. These packs have sweet little clusters of slow roasted nuts and are absolutely delicious. I eat a ton of nuts to keep my energy levels up and to make sure I get enough calories when I'm on my feet all day. These are a great thing to sneak into my bag before work.

omega crunch and vanilla
Watkins vanilla extract and Omega Crunch shelled flax seed. I love the Watkins old fashioned packaging, but they also make a great product. I can always use a good vanilla to throw into my oatmeal, pancakes, baking and even smoothies and tea. I've already put quite a dent into this and probably should have bought a bigger bottle. The Omega Crunch flax seed is equally delicious, especially on top of my oatmeal in the morning. I'm very serious about staying in good digestive health and am always looking for ways to get for flax and fiber into my diet. This product is crunchy and sweetened with maple syrup. It gives a great kick of flavor and is even good as a crunchy snack by the spoonful!

gourmet mustard
And last but not least, Mrs.McGarrigle's mustard, yet to be sold in stores. They had such a wonderful selection of kinds to taste that I knew I had to get some. Mustard is great for salad dressings and marinades, and the flavored ones are great for taking a sauce to the next level. I chose my favorite of the lot: chipotle lime, hot whiskey, honey tarragon and wasabi lime.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Morgan H said...

Take it easy with those Mrs. May's nut snacks. I was totally addicted to them for awhile but I definitely OD'd on them and now I can't eat them. Very sad.

And congrats on learning how to use the BBQ! My Mom let me light ours when I was about twelve but I left the propane on too long before I lit it and it blew up in my face and singed my bangs. I've been terrified of it ever since.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Jaime said...

thank you so much for your sweet comment!! you are beautiful girl!!

that is so cool you got to go to the show! xoxox

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home