My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nicheoriginals.ca/gillianyoung/ and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, July 05, 2008

pictures from my past

Rain falls onto the balcony outside and the sky is a light shade of grey. I am home.

I arrived in Vancouver a few days ago and have been taking it in one breath at a time.

I'm spending time with my parents and trying to plan out the rest of my life. A rough plan, but one that gives me some kind of direction.

I have been going through old photographs and journals, trying to make sense of my past as I move into the future.

It feels good to be here. My thoughts are becoming slightly more coherent, and the moments with my parents are priceless. Even the rain, for once in my life, feels soothing.

The slow pace of the West Coast, and the abundance of love I have here, is rejuvenating me one day at a time.

dundarave beach
still life
home
dad
mom reading outside
sun bathing

And some photos from the past...

Newcastle, 1991
grandma young
Ireland
Paris
Ireland 2002
extra on Reefer Madness 2004
ATV accident in Mexico 2004
the best neighbour
grad 2004

7 Comments:

Blogger ModernGear TV said...

Gillian, who designed that fabulous white chair in your parent's living room?!!

4:23 PM  
Blogger la femme said...

I've been doing the same thing recently.

The photo of you in 1940s dress is really lovely!

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I randomly found your blog, and throughout the past weeks at work (shh!) I have read pretty much all of your entries. I enjoy your writing because it's very sensual, and your hunger for love and life is like mine. Just wanted to say hello!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I could read and reread your writing all the live-ling day.

LOVE the pic of your parents' sitting room - the tile leading into it, the chair - such a cool, modern look. We're going to see Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling Water this weekend and I imagine this look is something he would do.

5:43 AM  
Blogger Gillian Young said...

moderngear tv- It's from Inform furniture store in Vancouver, I'm not sure who the designer is!

la femme- thank you, it was for my role as an extra on the Reefer Madness re-make!

la petite polonaise- Thank you for stopping by! It means a lot to me to get this kind of feedback, and I'm always happy to know another with a hunger for love and life!

deb- Wow, thank you. Yes our home in Vancouver is a mix of modern and old, the tiles are a favorite of my childhood, they're from Mexico.

7:48 PM  
Blogger ModernGear TV said...

Thanks Gillian, I can track it down...LOVE it. Perfect reading chair, methinks.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Sydneydoll said...

lovely pictures

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home